I am happy to announce the release of the first beta for v1.6.0 is now available. In the previous post I shared the changes and improvements coming for this release.
- NEW: Added a Setup Wizard to scan the theme you have active and identify your theme selectors and templates location.
- NEW: Added a Getting Started page which introduces the user to the setup wizard.
- NEW: Settings page now previews features coming in Auto Load Next Post Pro. #7174140
- NEW: Added extensions page listing available extensions for the plugin thanks for the class provided by @dcooney.
- NEW: Added validation for required settings. #761f7e9
- NEW: Added button on theme selectors settings to open theme customizer if theme not supported. #1030d4b
- NEW: Added option under Misc to disable Auto Load Next Post from running on mobile devices. #7bf0caa
- NEW: Added Templates section for users to set the template location without the need of applying a filter. Filter was designed for theme developers.
- NEW: jQuery-confirm.js is used to replace previous confirmation dialogues as they were not working in Firefox and is used to improve user experience both for the Settings page and the new Setup Wizard. #1fe1eec
- Removed: Welcome notice as it has been replaced with the Getting Started page. #1fe1eec
- Improved: UI of the settings page.
- Improved: Code base throughout the whole of the plugin.
- Tweaked: Theme selector fields are set to read-only if theme is supported by the theme developer. #074b780
- Tweaked: Made review notice more personal to the user. #4123372
- Tweaked: Sign up form in sidebar now pre-fills with current logged in user for quicker sign up. #a70cfcb
- Tweaked: Made translating the plugin easier by merging near identical strings.
- Dev: All CSS has been converted into SCSS.
- Dev: Grunt tasks have been improved for better development.
- Dev: Auto Load Next Post can be installed via WP-CLI without redirect issues.
To test Auto Load Next Post 1.6.0 Beta 1, you can use the Auto Load Next Post Beta Tester plugin or you can download the beta release from the GitHub repository.
If you think you found a bug in Auto Load Next Post 1.6.0 Beta 1 then please open a GitHub Issue with as many details as possible including that you have tested this on Auto Load Next Post 1.6.0 Beta 1.
I look forward to your feedback.