I am happy to announce the release of the first beta for v1.6.0 is now available. In the previous post I shared the changes and improvements coming for this release.
- NEW: Added a Setup Wizard to scan the theme you have active and identify your theme selectors and templates location.
- NEW: Added a Getting Started page which introduces the user to the setup wizard.
- NEW: Settings page now previews features coming in Auto Load Next Post Pro. #7174140
- NEW: Added extensions page listing available extensions for the plugin thanks for the class provided by @dcooney.
- NEW: Added validation for required settings. #761f7e9
- NEW: Added button on theme selectors settings to open theme customizer if theme not supported. #1030d4b
- NEW: Added option under Misc to disable Auto Load Next Post from running on mobile devices. #7bf0caa
- NEW: Added Templates section for users to set the template location without the need of applying a filter. Filter was designed for theme developers.
- NEW: jQuery-confirm.js is used to replace previous confirmation dialogues as they were not working in Firefox and is used to improve user experience both for the Settings page and the new Setup Wizard. #1fe1eec
- Removed: Welcome notice as it has been replaced with the Getting Started page. #1fe1eec
- Improved: UI of the settings page.
- Improved: Code base throughout the whole of the plugin.
- Tweaked: Theme selector fields are set to read-only if theme is supported by the theme developer. #074b780
- Tweaked: Made review notice more personal to the user. #4123372
- Tweaked: Sign up form in sidebar now pre-fills with current logged in user for quicker sign up. #a70cfcb
- Tweaked: Made translating the plugin easier by merging near identical strings.
- Dev: All CSS has been converted into SCSS.
- Dev: Grunt tasks have been improved for better development.
- Dev: Auto Load Next Post can be installed via WP-CLI without redirect issues.
If you think you found a bug in Auto Load Next Post 1.6.0 Beta 1 then please open a GitHub Issue with as many details as possible including that you have tested this on Auto Load Next Post 1.6.0 Beta 1.
I look forward to your feedback.